"But He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sunshine Treats

I love sunshine! There is nothing like a warm sunny morning on the balcony after a week of gloomy, cold rain. Life right now is pretty swell. Sure there are days when I feel a little lost in this crazy thing called life, some nights I lay awake too long worrying about things I can't change or decisions I need to make or feeling sorry for myself. However mostly these days I am content.... and excited!! I am excited about going back to where my heart lies in Romania and seeing what God is doing there again! This past while God has also placed on my heart a new thirst for His word, and am excited about what he has to teach me through that.

Nothing else really new, work is going well, having some sweet times with friends and family, still don't know what I'm going to do in the fall, but that's okay. If anyone cares, I'm having a dessert (sorry, not desert for those who know what I'm talking about ... how embarrassing!) auction to raise support for my trip. This will be on Saturday June 9th at 7:30pm at Waldheim MB Church. It should be a good time, I'll share a bit about my trip last summer and what I'll be doing again this summer. There will be lots of delicious treats and maybe even some special music. Even if you don't want to buy any desserts you can still come to watch Miranda auction them off. That will be a show in itself!!!! Hope you all have a wonderful sunny weekend!! Bye for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

first of all...

i love desserts!

second of all...

don't smack your face so hard you'll give yourself a bruise and then have to explain what happened... that could be embarassing

third of all...

i never got to really thank you for what you did for Karis on monday. i'm glad you know "things" and thanks for letting me come. it was great

6:09 PM

 
Blogger Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

I want to come!!!

6:49 PM

 
Blogger Chrys said...

You know I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could! I would love so hear you talk about your trip again - your passion for the people there comes across so clearly, and that's great to see. I miss you lots, and am praying for your upcoming trip. Lots of love!

11:23 PM

 
Blogger Jeff and Jocelyn said...

How awesome that you get to go back to Romania, unfortunately Jeff and I have a wedding next Sunday night. Maybe I will send my mom to get some yummy treats. I hope it goes awesome for you:)

7:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home