"But He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Valentines Day?

I'm not going to lie and say that I absolutley love Valentines Day because frankly, it's not really true. I have actually been known to dread the day at times because along with the day often brings feelings of lonliness and emphasizes the fact that I don't have a "special someone" in my life. As this years day began to approach I thought that it would be a little dreary for me especially since I had to work the evening shift so I couldn't even hang out with my girl friends. However the day turned out to be not so bad, why, you ask? I think part of it had to do with a reminder from the One who loves me most. I got to thinking, why does Valentines have to be about guy/girl relationships? Love covers a lot more than just the romantic aspect. Love from The Father is the truest and most beautiful love that we could ever recieve, so why do I think that love from anyone else will be able to fulfill me? Valentines Day for me was a reminder to celebrate that love that He so freely gives. Instead of flowers, I have the promise that He will never leave me. Instead of diamonds, I have to gift the of eternal life! The only difference is that He doesn't have to ask me to "Be Mine", because I am already His. This is not to say that I don't wait for someone to sweep me off my feet, in fact, I came to appreciate and admire the beautiful relationships that I see around me, however I know I can be sure that His love is forever perfect and absolutly everything that I need.
Sorry, this might have been a little cheesy and you might not have wanted to know all that about me but this was what was on my heart today. I hope that y'all had a special day!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Hi Kim - I felt as though this post pulled at my heart a bit. I remember many Valentine's Days where God made his love for me so evident. Cling to Him and trust Him for the unknown. I will never stop saying this... but Nate was worth the wait. I would have waited 100 more years to marry Him. And I still need God to whisper loving words to me on Valentine's Day. His love is perfect. Ours is not. I am praying for you and missing you today. I would love to have time to go for coffee with you one evening. You are beautiful.

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Yvonne said...

That is awesome Kim. I'm glad that you were able to be reminded of God's love for you and still enjoy the day. I can't wait to see you!

9:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home