"But He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Babies, birthdays, and special moments






The days were quite full last week, family was out from BC so we spent a lot of time partying. My cousin Chrystal stayed at my place in the city for the week, we had lots of fun catching up! We spent our time playing our favorite card game "Phase Ten", watching some good movies, trying to make a first class meal for ourselves (note the emphasis on the word trying, our desert was pretty much a disaster), and of course what girls do best; talking. During the week we also had quite the loewen get- togethers. Faspa at Aunt Mary-Anne's to celebrate grandma's 80th birthday, this also inculded oohing and aahing over the new babies in the family. We had a baby shower for cousin Jocelyn and little Aiden on Wednesday, and of course the big celebration on Friday night at the Drop-in centre in Warman. There we put on a small program for Grandma which included a funny skit put on by the cousins (at least I hope it was funny!!) , a slideshow, a few songs, and a poem. Good times are always had with the loewen gang, I am so thankful that our family is still able to get together and celebrate.






Yesterday was also a pretty good day, I had the day off work which was really nice. My mom took me out for lunch and we had a good talk, I love her so much! The evening was spent with friends, dinner out at Chianti's, and then and time of sipping Timmy's and singing worship songs. I love times like that!! Oh and the flowers are a gift from my roommate; how sweet!!
I have been anxiously awaiting word on Romania stuff but still nothing has come. It's hard for me to wait patiently because I like to have my life figured out however God always seems to point out that He is the one that needs to have control over my life, not me. It is forcing me to trust God because time is slowly creeping away and so much stuff still needs to be figured out. There seems to be a lot of things in my life right now that I catch myself worrying about, however His words from Isaiah have been a good reminder for me;
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10


6 Comments:

Blogger Chrys said...

That week was so fun! I had a blast staying with you. Next time it's your turn to come down here. :) Oh, and to clarify, the dessert only LOOKED like a disaster - it still tasted good!!

7:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the verse Kim I needed that today!
Mom

10:40 AM

 
Blogger Yvonne said...

It was great to see you Kim - I'll keep praying for you as you wait to heard on Romania - Love you!

2:03 PM

 
Blogger FirstNationSensation said...

oh ya know it's just great to see you and be your friend, once again what a crazy picture, my jawline is too big... jk jk jk
Jo

6:50 PM

 
Blogger Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Hey Kim - that verse has been a huge reminder to me these last weeks of God steadfast presence in our lives. Praying for you as you await his guidance. Wish we could have been part of the weekend celebrations.

12:44 AM

 
Blogger Jeff and Jocelyn said...

What a fun week, it was so good to be together as a family! Its fun to read your blog Kim and keep up with all the fun things that are going on.
I will pray for your Romania details and that God would just clearly show you what he has in store for your amazing life!

10:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home