"But He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, January 08, 2007

Life and all its possiblities!

One of my friends and I were talking the other day about how when we are frustrated with circumstances or have some heavy decisions to make we roll our eyes and sigh..."oh life". This of course is suggesting that we have to accept the situations that we find ourselves in yet are none too pleased, a feeling of hoplessness seems to escape. Yet being a woman of wisdom, she expressed something a little more optimistic; "Oh the possibilities of life!" Yes, life has its curveballs and sometimes we seem to be overwhelmed with the circumstances that life throws at us. However God is so much bigger than life and His plan for us should bring hope and even excitement in the possibilities. This week I have been thinking a lot about what my future looks like, this is a time when I am forced to think about what needs to happen for the year to come. Right now it all seems so unclear, I know that Romania is somewhere in my future however beyond that all plans seem like a blur. It starts to scare me because I feel that I should have some sort of life plan, like I should have a bigger goal set before me. Should I be going back to school? If so to do what? Should I be satisfied in the job that I have or should I be striving for something better? I always seem to find myself wanting more. I was thinking the other day how ridiculous it really is to be constantly asking God to give me this or that, to let this happen or not. Why would I desire something other than what God's will for my life is? Why do I think that these things will fulfill me? The only true and perfect things come from Him. He knows far more than I do what I need, His plan for me is far greater than even I could imagine? So why do I worry? Why do I feel like I have to have control over future plans? Human nature I guess. I guess my new years resolution could be to put that in the hands of the Father and instead of getting frustrated and overwhelmed, to get excited in what God has in store for me, to be content in saying "Oh the possibilites of life!!"

2 Comments:

Blogger FirstNationSensation said...

Shoot, I love you!

4:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the reminder, God's way is always the best even if the journey is difficult
Mom

8:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home