"But He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Although I have experienced a few frustrations this past while it is encouraging to me to see that God is working despite the fact the doubts seem to be streaming at me full force! I recieved a letter this week from one of the girls at the orphanage whom I got really close to. Her name is Mirella and her words brought such joy to my heart,

"Hello Kim, This is Mirella. How are you? I hope fine. I hope you didn`t forgot about me and you tell your parents about me and how we spend the summer. I know you pray for me, I will try to pray for you, too. We spend beautiful moments in the summer...things are ugly without you. I cry when I remember you. I love you and everything about you. I believe you won't forget about me. Thank God for bringing you here to us. I love you but I love God more. Please forgive me for saying that, but God is great and is more important!"

How exciting!! It is so amazing to see how God is working in her life. To acknowledge that God is most important to her is huge!! I remember having a conversation with her in the summer about how she felt that God wasn't a big priority in her life. To hear that she is learning and growing is so exciting for me! She also went on to tell me how she had quit smoking which had been a big addiction for her the past few years. I wish that I could be there right now to witness the change and to be there to answer questions and be alongside her as she grows however I know that God is working there and His plan for her is more than I could imagine! This week has brought some discouragment which always seems to foster doubt in my life yet He always brings a reminder, whether big or small, that He is always in control!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karis said...

Kim, I'm so proud of you. You have such a beautiful heart, and I'm so excited for you to go back to Romania... I miss you a lot. Let's talk sometime!

9:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

12:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home