"But He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

For those of you who don't know, I am currently living in the city and working at a medical clinic. This in itself is a huge God thing. My plan was to attend Saskatoon Business College this fall to obtain my Medical Office Assitant certificate but at the end of the summer, I felt that it wasn't really where God wanted me. I have always told myself that I would never take a year off school to work, however it's funny how God has His way and changes our heart in the process. So here I am in the city and really enjoying it, of course it has it's challenges however I am learning so much and I know that this is all part of the growing up process. These past couple of weeks God is teaching me a lot about contentment and finding joy in Him rather than trying to find it in what is going on around me. I often feel like I should be doing more, being more, and living more, and the "if only's" start to run through my head. I often feel like I should be out there trying to save the world but really here I am working in the city. Should I be doing something more so that I will feel more fulfilled? Yet I was reading through Psalms the other day and chapter 34 verses 8-10 really encouraged me, "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him. Fear the Lord, you His saints, for those who fear Him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing." It was like God was saying to me, Kim, you may not have everything you want, or you may not be doing everything you want, yet if you are truly loving and seeking my heart you won't be missing any good thing. I'm starting to notice God not only in the big things that He has done in my life, but also in the simple ways that he shows His love and where I can also be a reflection of that. Whether that be through a shoulder to cry on when I'm feeling lonely, through patience when things are just not going right, or whether that be through the random encouraging conversations in the sauna with friends (which by the way, wasn't even on for the forty-five minutes we were in there talking...no wonder we weren't sweating yet). Yes, God is good and His love endures forever.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder that God loves us so much and he reveals that to us in big and snall ways.
Mom

5:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, I miss you so much. These last few short visits just haven't been enough. Hopefully it won't be too long before I make my way over there again!

7:57 PM

 
Blogger Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Kim you encouraged me! Thanks for sharing.

11:05 PM

 
Blogger Niki said...

So I was just reading Karis' blog and I found yours! You and I both didn't want to start blogs because everyone else had them. I'm glad you started one though. It's fun. I was encouraged when I read the part of this post where you wrote about how, if you are where God wants you, no matter if you want to be there or not, you won't miss any good thing. So true!

3:19 PM

 
Blogger FirstNationSensation said...

yeah how 'bout that sauna. You're a wonderful person, thanks for sharing from your heart!

12:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home